Saturday 7 May 2011

The day I owned The Simpsons





My biggest gaming prowess was completing The Simpsons arcade game in Bridlington, Yorkshire.  This was, as many times before with other things, to my parents annoyance as they had to sit around and wait for me to finish.  It was an unusual arcade machine as it was only 10p a go rather than the usual 50p or £1, so I wasn’t bothered how many turns it took me.  I played as Marge, I have always preferred female characters, and throughout the game I was joined by other kids now and then, usually playing as Bart.

It was a big thing for me as I had never, and still haven’t really, played a game all the way through and won.  It was just a disappointment that I got no reward or prize for it, no little cup or even just a certificate to prove that I had beaten a game. 

I have never played on the game since and would love it on a console now so I can once more feel the power of the win!


No comments:

Post a Comment